If you have any questions about this policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: Cogent Skills, Unit 5 Mandarin Court, Centre Park, Warrington, WA1 1GG.
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title.
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Website usage data.
- Other information relevant to client enquires.
- Other information pertaining to surveys.
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking from a company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use this data:
- For our own internal records.
- To improve our products and services we provide.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- To customize the website for you.
- To send you promotional emails about products and services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To send you promotional mails or to call you about products and services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allows websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options and functions that are specific to you. They able enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytical package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design content and functions.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content whilst the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you have returned to the website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or information about you, other than that which
you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages or services may become available to you.
Controlling information about you
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see a tick box allowing you to Opt‐out to receiving marketing communications from us by email, telephone or post.
If you do not tick this box then you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes. You can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
- Send an email to email@example.com requesting to opt‐out of receiving all marketing communications.
- Write to us at: Cogent Skills, Unit 5 Mandarin Court, Centre Park, Warrington, WA1 1GG requesting to opt‐out of receiving all marketing communications.
We will never lease, distribute or sell your information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal data we hold on you is stored and process under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
If you wish to view our data protection policy, please contact us via one of these methods:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Write to us at: Cogent Skills, Unit 5 Mandarin Court, Centre Park, Warrington, WA1 1GG.
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note we do not have control of websites outside the www.cogentskills.com domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies in full.